I would like to share a link: ( The Ten Commandments ) that requires an open mind for one to be able to really grasp the essence of the whole article. It is simply a food for thought that gives one insight on viewing things. This is concerning the Ten Commandments and how it was modified and has led many to believe in it. The article is rather lengthy so I just want to magnify on the most important. Here are the two versions of the Ten Commandments which really made me ponder and reflect about:
BIBLE TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1. I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Exodus 20:4-6 You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my Commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God In vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God: in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
CATHOLIC TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1. I am the LORD thy God. Thou shalt have no strange gods before Me.
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
(The Sabbath is the fourth Commandment by normal count. The day to be kept is no longer mentioned since they changed the Sabbath to Sunday.)
(Note that God had more to say about the fourth Commandment than all others and with good reason. It is very important.)
4. Honour thy father and thy mother.
5. Thou shalt not kill.
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
7. Thou shalt not steal.
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife.
(The Tenth Commandment is split into two to get back to Ten Commandments.)
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's goods.
Note the difference.