I've came across this page full of really cute puppies and would want to share them. They are just plain adorable! I just wish I could get one someday! =) We do have a puppy here in our home and I really really love it (uhm...maybe except when he's all dirty and smelly...O.o) But nevertheless, I love puppies in general (but not as much as I love cats though) =)
3. Refuse to accept the thought that your depressing circumstances are permanent. Some of the most upbeat, vibrant individuals are people who had every right to feel down and discouraged. They turned their handicap into a stepping-stone which led to victory.
4. As tough as it may be, understand that people will help, but they can't do it for you. You and God have to form a partnership in this whole process of turning your life around. Depending on others instead of depending on God is like letting someone carry you instead of learning to walk. But at the end of our resources, there is God, and you will find that He is enough. As David wrote, "From the end of the earth I will cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I" (Psalm 61:2)
What is the correct way of eating fruits?
IT MEANS NOT EATING FRUITS AFTER YOUR MEALS! - FRUITS SHOULD BE EATEN ON AN EMPTY STOMACH.
If you eat fruit on an empty stomach, it will play a major role to detoxify your system, supplying you with a great deal of energy for weight loss and other life activities.
FRUIT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FOOD - Let's say you eat two slices of bread and then a slice of fruit.. The slice of fruit is ready to go straight through the stomach into the intestines, but it is prevented from doing so.
In the meantime the whole meal rots and ferments and turns to acid.. The minute the fruit comes into contact with the food in the stomach and digestive juices, the entire mass of food begins to spoil.
So please eat your fruits on an empty stomach or before your meals! You have heard people complaining - every time I eat water-melon I burp, when I eat durian my stomach bloats up, when I eat a banana I feel like running to the toilet etc. - actually all this will not arise if you eat the fruit on an empty stomach. The fruit mixes with putrefying other food and produces gas and hence you will bloat!
Graying hair, balding, nervous outburst, and dark circles under the eyes - all these will not happen if you take fruits on an empty stomach.
There is no such thing as some fruits, like orange and lemon are acidic, because all fruits become alkaline in our body, according to Dr. Herbert Shelton who did research on this matter. If you have mastered the correct way of eating fruits, you have the secret of beauty, longevity, health, energy, happiness and normal weight.
When you need to drink fruit juice - drink only fresh fruit juice, NOT from the cans.. Don't even drink juice that has been heated up. Don't eat cooked fruits because you don't get the nutrients at all. You only get to taste. Cooking destroys all the vitamins.
But eating a whole fruit is better than drinking the juice. If you should drink the juice, drink it mouthful by mouthful slowly, because you must let it mix with your saliva before swallowing it.
You can go on a 3-day fruit fast to cleanse your body. Just eat fruits and drink fruit juice throughout the 3 days and you will be surprised when your friends tell you how radiant you look!
KIWI: Tiny but mighty. This is a good source of potassium, magnesium, vitamin E & fiber. Its vitamin C content is twice that of an orange.
APPLE: An apple a day keeps the doctor away? Although an apple has a low vitamin C content, it has antioxidants & flavonoid which enhances the activity of vitamin C thereby helping to lower the risks of colon cancer, heart attack & stroke.
STRAWBERRY: Protective Fruit. Strawberries have the highest total antioxidant power among major fruits & protect the body from cancer-causing, blood vessel-clogging free radicals.
ORANGE: Sweetest medicine, eating 2 to 4 oranges a day may help keep colds away, lower cholesterol, prevent & dissolve kidney stones as well as lessens the risk of colon cancer.
WATERMELON: Coolest thirst quencher. Composed of 92% water, it is also packed with a giant dose of glutathione, which helps boost our immune system. They are also a key source of lycopene - the cancer fighting oxidant. Other nutrients found in watermelon are vitamin C & Potassium.
GUAVA & PAPAYA: Top awards for vitamin C. They are the clear winners for their high vitamin C content. Guava is also rich in fiber, which helps prevent constipation. Papaya is rich in carotene; this is good for your eyes.
Prescribed by the Great Physician
The next time you feel like GOD can't use you, just remember...
Noah was a drunk
Abraham was too old
Isaac was a daydreamer
Jacob was a liar
Leah was ugly
Joseph was abused
Moses had a stuttering problem
Gideon was afraid
Samson had long hair and was a womanizer
Rahab was a prostitute
Jeremiah and Timothy were too young
David had an affair and was a murderer
Elijah was suicidal
Isaiah preached naked
Jonah ran from God
Naomi was a widow
Job went bankrupt
Peter denied Christ
The Disciples fell asleep while praying
Martha worried about everything
Mary Magdalene was...
The Samaritan woman who was divorced, more than once
Zaccheus was too small
Paul was too religious
Timothy had an ulcer. AND
Lazarus was dead!
Now! No more excuses!
God can use you to your full potential.
Besides you aren't the message, you are just the
*thanks to vindicated
Rock + Quartet Strings.
Here's a playlist of some of my favorite songs turned into beautiful classicals (you can also check other songs in YouTube) :
I am really a big fan of Tim Burton's films and I can't wait to watch this new upcoming animated movie entitled '9' which he produced!
So what is 9 and what makes it interesting and a must-see for movie enthusiasts?
Well, it's a number! :D Well, seriously...
9 is an upcoming animated action/fantasy film directed by Shane Acker and produced by Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov (director of Wanted).
9 takes place in a post-apocalyptic and alternate version of our world, in which the very legacy of humanity is threatened by machines. The machines, built by a scientist to help the world recover from a previous war, rebelled and began to manufacture an army to wipe out humanity. So the same scientist creates a group of sentient rag dolls, or "stitch punks" as Shane Acker calls them, who lives among the ruins of the civilization. Named by numbers, each name represents their age, with 1 as the oldest. One day, they find 9 (voiced by Elijah Wood), another ragdoll and their creator's final project.
You can check out the trailer and see for yourself! :D
Also check out the 10-minute award-winning short film which this feature film was based on:
I first found this movie when I was searching about Tim Burton and I'm glad I came across this one. What really drew me to this film is that its animation is quite impressive, the plot and characters are uniquely created, and the overall feel of the movie is dark, grungy, and epic. I must say the imagination of the creator is really at work--molding life into rag dolls is something you don't see everyday. It's original, genuine, creative and full of action and adventure.
I can't wait to see this movie and I hope it will never fail my high expectations of it. Plus the music of the trailer is kick-ass! Watch this on 9/9/09 :D
#1 THREE WISHES
A sales rep, an administration clerk,and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out.
The Genie says, "I'll give each of you just one wish."
"Me first!Me first!" says the admin clerk. "I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world."
Puff! She's gone.
"Me next! Me next!" says the sales rep. "I want to be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of Pina Coladas and the love of my life."
Puff! He's gone.
"OK, you're up," the Genie says to the manager.
The manager says, "I want those two back in the office after lunch."
MORAL OF THE STORY:
Always let your boss have the first say.
#2 HIGH UP ABOVE
An eagle was sitting on a tree resting, doing nothing. A small rabbit saw the eagle and asked him,
"Can I also sit like you and do nothing?"
The eagle answered, "Sure, why not."
So the rabbit sat on the ground below the eagle and rested. All of a sudden, a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.
MORAL OF THE STORY:
To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up.
I just checked out my mail today and I found something interesting^^. It was forwarded to me by my older sis and it's really a handy piece of info that could make one think and reflect about one's life, how it should be spent worthily. Here is the handbook:
1. Drink plenty of water..
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and empathy.
5. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2008.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control.. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more..
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33.. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy.. So, be happy.
Last but not the least:
40. Please don't hesitate to share this with the people you love.
This is really quite helpful, although I'm having a hard time following some of it for some reasons especially in the health section. Well anyways, enjoy! ^_^
Coca-Cola was originally green.
It is impossible to lick your elbow.
Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king in history:
Spades - King David
Hearts - Charlemagne
Clubs -Alexander, the Great
Diamonds - Julius Caesar
Believe it or not, you can read it.
At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow :P