The moment I heard about the word 'meme', I was thinking about the memes in 9gag like this one:
I guess it's a different kind of meme. LoL. I was recently tagged by my blog friend Bing to answer thirty questions in just one word and here it goes.
1. Where is your cell phone?
2. Describe your boyfriend/girlfriend?
3. Your hair?
4. Your mother?
5. Your father?
6. Your favourite item?
7. Your dream last night?
8. Your favourite drink?
9. Your dream car?
10. The room you are in?
11. Your ex?
12. Your fear?
13. What do you want to be in 10 years?
14. Who did you hang out with last night?
15. What you’re not?
16. The last thing you did?
17. What are you wearing?
18. Your favourite book?
19. The last thing you ate?
20. Your life?
21. Your mood?
22. Your friends?
23. What are you thinking about right now?
24. Your car?
25. What are you doing at the moment?
26. Your summer?
27. What is on your TV?
28. When is the last time you laughed?
29. Last time you cried?
Don't forget to visit Bing's website Warmstone--brings warmth in the coldness of life. =D You can also try this one out and share a little something about yourself. =3 That's all!
I find this very uplifting and encouraging and thought of sharing the message it holds. To anyone with an open mind and heart.
Dan Buttafuoco, an attorney in New York City, is president of the Historical Bible Society . He has written this powerful description of why we need to be reading Scripture every day.
The Bible is the single most important book ever written. It is an eyewitness account of historical events of such magnitude that they have literally shaped the world in which we live. Without this book the Western world and a good deal of the Eastern world would be completely different today than if the events of this book had never occurred.
It is not too much to say that the events recorded in this book are claimed by a significant percentage of people who have ever lived on this earth to be the most important events ever recorded in the history of the world. This book is foundational to just about everything mankind will ever know or accomplish. It has directly led to massive undertakings of good will and charity. Because of this book, great projects have been undertaken, hospitals have been built, multitudes fed and clothed and orphanages founded.
Here are five primary reasons why you need to read the Bible.
Reason #1: THE BIBLE HAS TRANSFORMED THE WORLD
It would be impossible to claim to be an educated person in today's world without having at least some familiarity with the events contained in this book. Actually, all of the events contained in this book should be known by everyone.
- A good number of people around the world read portions of this book every day. It is one of the most published and printed books in the history of the world. It has been printed in just about every known language (including braille) and each year, since it was first written, it has been the world's greatest bestseller year after year. As time marches on it is continually printed in yet more languages. Collectors of rare books treasure it in every form.
- The Bible was the first book ever put to the printing press. The man who first printed it, Johannes Gutenberg, was recently voted the most important man to have ever lived within the past 1000 years!
- A good number of museums exist today which are dedicated solely to this very book and the events contained therein.
- The Bible is available in every corner of the globe, even where it is illegal to own or read this book. It is available in electronic format and on CD as well. You can find it on the internet for free. Famous actors and personages regularly quote it. It was quoted by William Shakespeare many times in his writings.
- Worldwide organizations and associations have been formed because of this book and its message, many of them existing for centuries. Together they represent multiple hundreds of millions of members.
Reason #2: PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO DIE FOR THIS BOOK
People have died torturous deaths simply to gain access to this book. You may, even now, be in a country where this book is discouraged or even banned outright. In many countries it is a crime to distribute or even possess this book.
- This book has been praised, cursed, restricted, banned, desecrated, burned and fought over. People swear on it and at it.
- Some have tried to eliminate it. All who have tried have failed. People have suffered exquisite tortures and loss of freedom and even their lives for printing it. This has occurred recently and over many centuries past, as well. It is, in fact, a regular occurrence in this world.
- This book is simultaneously hated and loved. Once read it would be impossible to be indifferent to it; for its claims are monumental and beyond exaggerating. It provokes a strong response in either a positive or negative direction; you will either love it or hate it. It was meant to be so by design. It is so controversial that wars have been fought over its interpretation. Governments have toppled on account of it and kings have been deposed because of it. Most importantly, lives have been dramatically changed for good because of this book.
The Bible is the most copied book of antiquity. Written over a time period of some 1,500 years, it was completed approximately 2,000 years ago. Yet, in all the centuries that have passed, none of its contents have ever been found inaccurate.
- It has been translated into its present form directly from the original languages from a vast supply of ancient manuscripts sifted by the best minds and most competent scholars of our day and of many prior generations. It has been translated into every known existing language.
- It is surpassingly accurate to the smallest details. Its contents, as translated, are as close to the original words of the authors as humanly possible. Only a few words of the entire book (a tiny, insignificant percentage) are in any doubt as to the original words and none of the disputed text affects the message of the book. Additionally, new discoveries of previously unknown ancient manuscripts continue to provide ever greater accuracy to the contents of this book.
- It has been sifted, studied, commentated upon and dissected more than any book in history. Volumes of books have been written about it and if they were stacked on top of one another they would reach to the sky.
- Where this book can be verified by external events such as archeology, geography, custom, politics, culture, known world history and writings in other ancient texts it has been so verified as to be accurate in all respects. New discoveries always support it, never vice versa. It has never once been proven faulty on single detail or fact, although many have mightily tried and failed.
Reason #4: IT CONTAINS A LIFE-CHANGING MESSAGE OF FREEDOM
The Bible has liberated many from oppression by its clear teachings. It raises the dignity and rights of every human being ever born. It is truly an amazing and remarkable piece of writing. It contains clear teaching on the value and worth of every individual. It will astonish and surprise you and likely move you to tears.
- It has freed minds and hearts throughout history. The events recorded in this book have generated more great works of art (and some not-so-great ones, as well) than any other subject matter in the history of the world. All the museums in the world, added together, could not possibly contain all of the artwork inspired by the events of this book.
- This book itself represents true freedom. It has never been in the custody and control of a single group of people, unlike other important books. It belongs to everyone and it has been possessed by everyone, every culture and every tribe and race of people. Reading it will strike you directly in your heart. It has the "ring of truth" to all who love the same.
- This book contains a message at its very core. It is a message to all people everywhere, in every time period, relevant to their everyday lives. It claims to be the very words of God... an audacious claim, for sure. It is for you to decide whether to believe the message of this book and apply it to your own life.
- If you now know nothing about God, you will know a great deal about God after reading this book. If you believe you know much about God, you will know even more about him after you read this book. You may even decide to re-evaluate your knowledge of God after reading it.
Reason #5: IT CONNECTS YOU TO HISTORY’S MOST IMPORTANT FIGURE
You may have heard of the "godman," Jesus of Nazareth, also called the "Christ" (i.e."Anointed One"). You may even think you know him. But if you have not read the account offered firsthand throughout this book, you will, in effect, know nothing definite about him. The entire Old Testament points to his coming, and the entire New Testament testifies to his teachings and actions.
- His name has been used to bless people and it has been used as a curse word by those who despise him. People have been healed and set free in his name. One thing is for sure: when you meet Jesus in the pages of this book and understand who he claims to be it is impossible for you to remain indifferent to him.
- This story is either the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on mankind or it describes Jesus as exactly who he claims to be: the Supreme Lord and Ruler over all of mankind and the very creator God of the Universe. Logically speaking, this is either a nice poetic story created from a fantasy with an intent to deceive you or a clear and accurate picture of God, who is our judge ( both mine and yours). You decide. If you think you know about God already, consider the source of that "knowledge" and examine if this book may, in fact, be a better source for true knowledge about the one true Creator God that made you and everything else, both known and unknown in this Universe.
- People are free to reject this book and what it says. God made us "free moral agents" to choose as we desire. Yet, people violate the teachings and wisdom of this book at their own peril.
- Because of the main person in this book, Jesus of Nazareth, time has been split into two main epochs (B.C. "before Christ" and A.D. "anno Domini" for "year of our Lord").
- Each year, over a billion people celebrate his birth, his death and his bodily resurrection from the dead.
- Jesus is the only religious leader ever to make the claim that he has risen from the dead. All others are dead and buried. Abraham is dead. Moses is dead. Mohammed has died and remains dead, Buddha is dead, Gandhi is dead. Only Jesus claims to be alive. Even Muslims revere Jesus as a holy man and a great prophet. All told, about half of the world today accepts that this Jesus was a great and remarkable personage.
Keep turning the pages of this remarkable book. Read it with an open mind and open heart. It contains pure truth about God, about life, the nature of mankind and our own hearts as human beings. The Gospel of John is a wonderful place to start, but read the whole thing — Old and New Testaments. You'll be amazed what you discover about God, and about yourself.
If this God is indeed your judge, before whom you will someday give an account of your life, it truly behooves you to be aware of who he is and the simple thing he asks of us before that solemn time comes. In essence, this book will help you to deal with that very event for which we are all destined. Be warned: you will not be the same after you read this book.
How hard it is to love people who have wronged you. To love thy enemies, although I am not regarding them as enemies. I am just sensitive when it comes to people who have wronged me on a certain basis aware or unaware. It's a difficult thing to do when your emotions are surging and all you can think about are the wrong things they have done to you that have hurt, annoyed, angered, offended or irritated you. I think everyone has experienced this at some points in their lives.
"But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." - Luke 6:27-28 -
This is what the Lord commanded. Is He asking us to do the impossible then? Is it so hard to love the unlovable to the point of becoming an impossibility? That you can never learn to forgive? That you can never mend? And that you always keep a grudge, a thorn in your heart? Even God who is above us forgives even to the lowliest among us (Daniel 9:9, 1 John 1:9). So we, too, should learn to forgive and to love. It is very difficult, but it is possible. Because God makes all things possible if you just call out to Him and believe (Matthew 19:26). If you already believe in Him, call out to Him and He will cleanse you and make you do things that you thought you could never do--like forgiving and loving those who have wronged you. If you don't believe in Him and there's hatred, grudge and bitterness in your heart for some people, why don't you try Him? You've got nothing to lose when you do. It's really a matter of choice. And once you have made the right choice, you will soon see how your life will unfold in ways that you can never comprehend. But choosing the right decision is not the end of the tunnel. It doesn't end there. Rather, it's the beginning of a wonderful journey towards eternity.
"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." - Luke 6:35-36 -
This is, by far, one of the most (or rather the most) epic movie I have ever seen since Inception. Christopher Nolan is truly a genius. It's not just a typical super hero movie. Whilst it has the actions and thrills that a super hero movie thrives on, it doesn't stop there. It builds up the story with its depth and intricate subplots that involves a lot of characters who contribute to the wholeness of the entire movie. It develops the characters and the plot at the beginning of the film well enough and transforms into something so immense and so spectacular that it leaves you awe-struck and amaze not just with its visuals and sound effects, but the entirety of how the story progresses and twists itself quite remarkably into something that you could have never known. Batman and fairly Batman fans would definitely be enthralled by this closing film of the Batman Trilogy by Nolan. I can't say anything bad to it except the audio at the cinema I went to watch was bad. Tsk. Anyhow, it's definitely a masterpiece and a great work of art that does not just provide you with amazing visual and sound effects, but is well-written and well-thought of giving you a great overall experience of what a great super hero movie should be. Truly an epic conclusion.
On a side note, when I learned that Anne Hathaway was playing as a Catwoman, I was like "Huh? Anne Hathaway"? Will it really fit her? Coz I usually see her in chick flicks and comedies. Not really on movies that thrive on action. But she just proves how flexible she can be and makes a great and sneaky cat burglar. =3 Also, who would have thought that Tom Hardy from 'This Means War' and 'Inception' played Bane. That classy English gentleman with the accent. It was kinda hard associating him as Bane especially after the last movie I watched wherein he was casted was 'This Means War'. But he plays Bane really well and menacingly convincing.
It's been a long time since I haven't talked to a very good friend of mine. I can still remember our deep conversations where we talk of things that really mattered. I remember how he told me his speculation and skepticism about the validity of the Bible. I just pray and hope that he will be able to find the answer in his heart with God's help. And I hope he reads this and to anyone who has the same musings.
SOURCE: Is The Bible A Significant Book?
What makes a book “significant”? That would have a two-fold answer. If the book is unique, trustworthy, authoritative and impactful it would qualify as “significant”. That significance becomes greater when that book’s message makes a clear impact and change upon my life personally and of those who read it.
The Bible clearly fits those criteria. No matter what you think about the Bible, historically it has impacted people throughout the centuries, and even today, if you choose to follow its teachings your life will be changed.
Is the Bible more “significant” than many other religious writings or books? Why should this book be given a second look by many who have decided it is just another of many religious books?
Obviously in a brief article I cannot exhaust the reasons, but I can share enough to challenge one’s curiosity into rethinking a position.
Consider the composite and composition: A book that was written by many authors, from many backgrounds (Kings to slaves), on different continents, over a 1500 year span all with the same theme--The Messiah. A book that states centuries before Christ was born that the earth is round and that it just hangs in space--long before Stephen William Hawking existed. The Bible is a book that is used by archeologists, both Christians and non-Christians alike, to find ancient civilizations. As far as the historicity of the Bible, the manuscript evidence is overwhelming. There is none like the New Testament. All that we have on Plato is based on 7 manuscripts - 1,200 years from the original, Aristotle on 49 manuscripts – 1,400 years from the original, Caesar (Gallic Wars) on 10 manuscripts – 1000 years from the original, Homer (Iliad) on 643 manuscripts – 500 years from the original versus the New Testament on 24,633 manuscripts, 5000 years from original Greek, 80 years from the original not including parts of the NT that are even closer in time - John Rylands (John) 90 AD 130 AD 40 years; Magdalene Ms (Matthew 26) 1st century 50-60 AD co-existent.
No other document in history has had the manuscript authority, the historical integrity or the impact worldwide as this book. Love it or hate it – history cannot be denied.
Let me return to my definition - for it is two fold. Not only does the Bible on it’s own merit deserve to be considered significant, but it can be even more significant based on its message. What it can do as far as impact is seen by the obvious change that takes place in the lives of those who have read and followed its teachings.
The depth of the message in the Bible has changed every society it has come into contact with. It has a moral code that produces a standard that is not relative. Every society that has adopted this code has moved to a higher quality of life. Human life is elevated to something that is to be treasured. Wisdom flows from the pages of this book. This wisdom expounds into all realms for living.
The book describes our Creator, who He is, and His desire to have an intimate relationship with us, and how that relationship can happen. The Bible shows us the evidence that the Creator exists, as evidenced by His love for us and how He has preserved us. It describes our state in this life as a very small part of our existence, confirming that our spirit will live forever, and how a person can know for sure, where and how their spirit will exist after this short part of life is over. The Bible presents the perfect plan that the Creator designed from the beginning, and how he supplied a way to enter into a relationship with Him. It states that each person was part of the original plan, not an accident, which is what this world has to offer. It makes it clear that this life is made up of much more than what we can see. Communication, family life, work ethic, relationships on all levels, finances. Its pages even teach you how to learn to live with yourself. It tells you how to control your anger, your lusts and your pride. The Bible teaches the importance of forgiveness, resisting doing what is wrong and many other areas of life. Taking us from a personal perspective to the bigger view of life on to the most important view--eternity.
Is the Bible significant? I believe anyone honest would have to say yes. It’s uniqueness alone makes it significant. How significant can it be? That is up to you. You can view it merely as an extraordinary historical book, though you will miss the purpose of this book if you do. It was written to be a doorway to the knowledge of the One who made you. It offers you the way to bring purpose to your life, and a confidence of your destiny. It will lead you into the way of integrity and help you see yourself accomplish things that matter in life. It will educate you on what is and what is not essential in life. It does not promise dreams. Instead it brings reality. It lays a foundation that will allow you to build a life with no major regrets. It removes the agony of having to base life on emotions that are tossed up and down by circumstances. The Bible provides a life that is based on truth. Truth remains truth no matter what the circumstances are. And even though human emotions will remain an important part of our existence, we no longer need to be controlled by them. We can receive our direction and guidance from the truth, because the truth will set you free!
I found this on Deviant Art and I just wanted to share this since it's just so amazing how different verses are being put together to create a beautiful picture of our loving God. =)
You may not know me,
but I know everything about you.
I know when you sit down and when you rise up.
I am familiar with all your ways.
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered.
For you were made in my image.
In me you live and move and have your being.
For you are my offspring.
I knew you even before you were conceived.
I chose you when I planned creation.
You were not a mistake,
for all your days are written in my book.
I determined the exact time of your birth
and where you would live.
You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
I knit you together in your mother's womb.
And brought you forth on the day you were born.
I have been misrepresented
by those who don't know me.
I am not distant and angry,
but am the complete expression of love.
1 John 4:16
And it is my desire to lavish my love on you.
1 John 3:1
Simply because you are my child
and I am your Father.
1 John 3:1
I offer you more than your earthly father ever could.
For I am the perfect father.
Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand.
For I am your provider and I meet all your needs.
My plan for your future has always been filled with hope.
Because I love you with an everlasting love.
My thoughts toward you are countless
as the sand on the seashore.
And I rejoice over you with singing.
I will never stop doing good to you.
For you are my treasured possession.
I desire to establish you
with all my heart and all my soul.
And I want to show you great and marvelous things.
If you seek me with all your heart,
you will find me.
Delight in me and I will give you
the desires of your heart.
For it is I who gave you those desires.
I am able to do more for you
than you could possibly imagine.
For I am your greatest encourager.
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
I am also the Father who comforts you
in all your troubles.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
When you are brokenhearted,
I am close to you.
As a shepherd carries a lamb,
I have carried you close to my heart.
One day I will wipe away
every tear from your eyes.
And I'll take away all the pain
you have suffered on this earth.
I am your Father, and I LOVE YOU
even as I love my son, Jesus.
For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed.
He is the exact representation of my being.
He came to demonstrate that I am for you,
not against you.
And to tell you that I am not counting your sins.
2 Corinthians 5:18-19
Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled.
2 Corinthians 5:18-19
His death was the ultimate expression
of my love for you.
1 John 4:10
I gave up everything I loved
that I might gain your love.
If you receive the gift of my son Jesus,
you receive me.
1 John 2:23
And nothing will ever separate you
from my love again.
Come home and I'll throw the biggest party
heaven has ever seen.
I have always been Father,
and will always be Father.
My question is...
Will you be my child?
I am waiting for you.
Love, Your Dad
I love long hand-written letters. I think a hand-written letter is the most sincere affection expressed. The most heart-warming affection that a person could ever receive. It can contain the deepest feelings of a person. The most unbiased way of showing affection. Untainted with boasting and showing off.
My sister showed me a letter her friend gave to her and it was really touching. So heart warming and so nice.
I’m happy for my sister. She has found a beautiful treasure that is worthy to be kept forever. God has blessed her with a beautiful treasure that is so rare and worthy.
A Quote for Friendship
“Some people will be your friend
Because of whom you know
Some people will be your friend
Because of your position
Some people will be your friend
Because of the way you look
Some people will be your friend
Because of your possessions
But the only real friends
Are the people who will be your friends
Because they like you for who you are inside.”
- Susan Polis Schutz
“The happiest moments in my heart knows are
Those in which it is pouring forth its
Affections to a few esteemed characters.”
- Thomas Jefferson
“Don’t ever forget that you are unique.
Be your best self and not an imitation of someone else.
Find your strengths and use them in a positive way.”
- Jacqueline Schiff
*these quotes were written at the back of the letter…*
Just seeing this video makes me smile. =) But it seems my mum is laughing more in this video though. LoL. I miss my nephew.
when the sun is up
i wake up with a yawn
and my mouth is dry
you are my witness
when i pack my things
take a bath
and prepare to go
you are my witness
when i start my day
do my work
and eat my food
you are my witness
when the moon arises
i'm ready to sleep
and dream sweet dreams
you are my witness
you are my witness
when my pillow is wet
and my blanket is soaked
with bitter tears
you are my witness
when i grieve
over a lost loved one
kept in a secret
you are my witness
when someone needs my help
and i kept my hands
because of my fears
you are my witness
when i pray and meditate
for everything to be okay
and to keep my spirit strong
you are my witness
because you are my God
"I meditate on your precepts... I will not neglect your word." - Psalm 119:15a, 16b -
How many people do you know take even five minutes a day to meditate on spiritual matters?
Rich benefits are in store for us when we as God's children meditate long enough to remember what He has done. We realize that we belong to our Heavenly Father, and that He is ours. We understand that the problems of life aren't nearly as great as our Heavenly Father; we begin to have peace of mind and hope.
There are three times in a given 24-hour period when it is best to focus on our Heavenly Father: the last thing at night before sleeping; the first thing upon waking; and during the hours of the night when sleep doesn't come easily.
To help you develop the practice of meditating on the things of the Lord, here are some suggestions:
One: Focus on God's Word, the Bible. The best way to do this is to memorize Scripture and quote it to yourself. The next best way is to open the Bible and read a short passage. Then think about it, pondering the meaning and the application of what you have read.
Two: Take a few moments and think of the nature and character of God--His majesty and nature, His great love for you. Focusing on His greatness and majesty will dwarf your problems, and help you bring your life into perspective.
Three: Meditate on what God has done for you personally. You will be amazed at how your attitude changes when you lift your heart in praise to God. This is what "speaking to yourselves in songs and hymns and spiritual songs" (Colossians 3:16) means. It is when we meditate upon Him that we hear His voice and know He is God.
Today can be the BEST DAY of Your Life, Harold J. Sala
Right now, I just want to rant about something that recently happened which shook me a bit. I'm supposed to sleep but I can't. Not with what I just found out with regards to my Adsense account. I must be so naive to trust someone so easily I barely know with something that can leave this effect to me. I can't say that I regretted trusting that person because for every experience, there is an underlying lesson that can be learned from that. I am just shaken right now because what he did to me was still so fresh in my mind and well, yes, I did not expect it to happen. This made it even harder.
There's two instances already that this has happened to me. I trusted them too easily even though I barely know them. Yes, I may have made a mistake by giving it so easily. From the first instance, I definitely have learned my lesson and I am careful to who I trust with regards to that. However, for the second instance, I can't really say that it was the same. I did weigh the pros and cons in trusting him. I was thinking that, hey, he's helping me get something from this somehow semi-abandoned blog and bring it back to life and I couldn't care less about adsense anyway or what it can bring to my blog. So why shun the opportunity? And I didn't even ask for the details of what he was doing behind the scenes since he said he was going to take care of it. Little did I know he was doing some sort of black magic. O.o I guess I also lost hindsight because I was beginning to see results from whatever it is that he is doing. My adsense was generating $$. So I thought everything went well until... he deliberately cut off ties with me. That's when I knew something was wrong.
As you can see in my blog I don't have any adsense anymore because it has been disabled. Because he made a mistake. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but because of the mistake he committed, he completely cut off ties with me without even explaining or apologizing about what happened. Honestly, I really couldn't care less if it was disabled so I am not that affected when it was disabled. I am shaken by the fact that after it happened, he suddenly disappeared like a magician! Along with his black magic tricks! *sigh* It would have been nice if he apologized and explained what happened and tell me this and that but no. He avoided the situation because his plan failed and who knows what he's gonna do afterwards. He's probably going to find a possible prospect to negotiate with and when it fails, he can just disappear without a trace. No loss at his part because it's not his account that is endangered.
Somehow I wish I could come up with a resolution and I just want him to know that it doesn't matter if my adsense account was disabled because of him. I'm not generating anything from it anyway. I just hope that he's not going to do it to others as well and bloggers and publishers of adsense must be vigilant as this can happen to anyone. So yes, lesson learned goes back to not being naive in trusting things to anyone so easily.
Online education is a distance learning or e-learning type of education which differs from traditional education as students are not required to visit an actual classroom to learn and study nor listen to an instructor physically. Rather it uses resources for learning mainly available on the internent and gives students their own pace in studying.
One of the advantages of online education compared to the traditional one is that it allows you to study and learn at your own time. You don't have time constraints and you can give more time to working overtime (if you're working), business travel (if you're into business), and having more time to spend with loved ones. The challenge, however, that this one poses is time management. You must be able to know and learn how to spend time wisely since despite of studying at your own pace, there are still deadlines to meet when it comes to assignments and projects.
Other advantages with this kind of education include not quitting your jobs to attend college, take time off from work, waste time walking from class to class, save time and money from going to colleges and universities and being able to take care of your family especially if you have children.
However, this kind of education may not be advisable for college students just graduating from high school as this will not provide them with an environment that can make them well-rounded individuals. The best place to learn is when you are in the school environment where you meet people and experience things that cannot be felt in the four corners of your home. Also, students fresh from high school may not fare well when it comes to time management and learning at their own pace. They may usually feel for some that going to college is a chore or a must and because of this, may not do well without the guidance of a actual professors and with the company of peers and friends. But for people that have just actually graduated from an actual college or university, those who pursue their studies further usually are more determined to make their studies worthwhile. They are usually the ones who pay for their continuing education and if it's a hard earned money, surely one would want to make the best out of the money that they have earned.
I would like to share a link: ( The Ten Commandments ) that requires an open mind for one to be able to really grasp the essence of the whole article. It is simply a food for thought that gives one insight on viewing things. This is concerning the Ten Commandments and how it was modified and has led many to believe in it. The article is rather lengthy so I just want to magnify on the most important. Here are the two versions of the Ten Commandments which really made me ponder and reflect about:
BIBLE TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1. I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Exodus 20:4-6 You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my Commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God In vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God: in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
CATHOLIC TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1. I am the LORD thy God. Thou shalt have no strange gods before Me.
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
(The Sabbath is the fourth Commandment by normal count. The day to be kept is no longer mentioned since they changed the Sabbath to Sunday.)
(Note that God had more to say about the fourth Commandment than all others and with good reason. It is very important.)
4. Honour thy father and thy mother.
5. Thou shalt not kill.
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
7. Thou shalt not steal.
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife.
(The Tenth Commandment is split into two to get back to Ten Commandments.)
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's goods.
Note the difference.
When it comes to real estate marketing and realtors, there are plenty of mediums that can be used to engage in this kind of activity. One can either have the traditional, modern, or even a combination of both to help a realtor attain the goal in getting high chances of acquiring interested parties to the viewings as well as high chances of sale.
One of the modern methods in real estate marketing is that there are actually websites that cater to realtors and brokers alike. There are companies who have built websites in providing a complete online marketing solution about real estate marketing. What's good about this is that these companies are focused on using the internet from a marketing perspective. For realtors, this is beneficial to them as this will generate leads and exposure on the internet.
Realtors, nowadays are aware of the power of social media and have been using the internet to their advantage. This makes it easier for them to access a larger audience wherein they normally wouldn't be able to contact. It is also easier for people to pass the word about a real estate since they can just direct them to the website.
Using the internet as a tool for real estate marketing can give one higher chances of making a sale since most people are pretty familiar with it and has access to it. Not only it's practical, but somehow it becomes required for one to be successful. Right now, most people who are in the market of making a large purchase always start online.
However, not all people are really fond of the internet. In this instance, one can expand his/her methods about this. As a realtor, one has to be resourceful and utilize all options that is available to him/her. He/she must be willing to take the risk and exert more effort and time if he/she really wants to pursue this and achieve more. When one has mastered the techniques in real estate marketing, there's no doubt that this will produce great revenues.
This movie is just brilliant, moving, and inspiring. I can't find words right now to describe it. All I know is that it brought me to tears.
Much of our Christian walk seems to involve searching for God's will. We search for His perfect will for our job, home, school, church, and relationships; and we're often frustrated because God seems silent regarding the details of our life. But God is not silent! His Word reveals much of His will, and a large portion of His will for our life today is the same as for every past generation.
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
We often gloss over such passages, thinking we already understand and ought to search for "deeper" truths. But in God's plan for us to be "conformed to the likeness of His Son" (Romans 8:29), there is no greater challenge to our faith. Do we really believe God is in control and can be trusted? Does the attitude of our heart reflect such a belief?
Our Heavenly Father desires us to live each moment with a thankful heart, full of joy - regardless of our circumstances. Why? Because this reveals our trust in a loving God. He wants us to continually commune with Him in prayer and refuse to leave His presence to pursue concerns or pleasures of the world. This portion of God's will has been clearly revealed!
But some are facing situations which make following God's will very difficult. They see absolutely no reason for rejoicing and can't understand how God can be directing their path. How is it possible to remain by His side when being pressed down from all directions and when the pulls of the world seem relentless?
We must begin by viewing our life from an eternal perspective rather than the temporary nature of the world;
"The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever."
(1 John 2:17)
All our trials will soon be gone (do we really believe this?). God is in control and, in the end, ALL will glorify His name;
"In all things God works for the good of those who love Him."
As we trust and love Him with all our heart, He works ALL things for the good - no matter how bad our situation may appear or how difficult it may be to understand His plan. He IS in control! This level of trust is what Paul referred to as "the secret of being content" (Philippians 4:12).
There are certainly times when God will give us very specific direction, and this direction may very well call us to get out and change the world; but perhaps He's waiting until we follow His general will for our life - perhaps He's waiting for us to rejoice and trust. Let's come before Him today with a thankful and loving heart. Let's enter His presence and refuse to be taken away by circumstances which will soon fade. Let's trust Him without compromise and joyfully walk each step by faith according to God's perfect will.
Have a Christ Centered Day!
God's Daily Word Ministries
Today I just read and watched 'stuff' that somehow gradually opened my eyes to the harsh truth that is happening in the Philippines. Honestly, I was actually offended because it was rather a hard hit or slap on the face of the Filipinos generally. But maybe, this is what we all need to wake up from this soap opera that the media and the elite society is trying to fool and warp us.
I am at a loss for words for I cannot seem to grasp of the reality that befell among the Filipinos. It is really so sad on what is happening in the Philippines right now. I wish I can do something about it but I don't know where to start. There are some Filipinos who are kind of 'giving up' on the Filipino people themselves (it's kind of ironic) and are criticizing their fellow kababayans very harshly in order for them to wake up from their sleep fantasizing about soap operas and telenovelas, from living life wasted with partying and indolence, and all the negative aspects of being a Filipino. I really find it ironic because they themselves are Filipinos. They have their point. They have their facts. But they shouldn't let their negative emotions ruin the facts and heavily criticize all that is awful about being a Filipino.
But with the current situation and economy the country is facing, who can blame them? I, too, myself want to get outta here and travel. That doesn't mean I'm not being nationalistic. I just want to travel and be proud of being a Filipino. But right now, how can I? Not with where the Philippines is right now. Not with oligarchy reigning in this country. Not with the obvious negative attitudes that's surfacing among most Filipinos which is why these are being generalized.
Other Asian countries are catching up with the economy. They are becoming better and better. Some are even very nationalistic and for a good reason. Their countries are improving with their nationalism. But with the Philippines? Sometimes, it feels so hopeless. I feel like the Philippines is going backwards while everyone else is trying to go forward. And not many people are doing anything about it. I wish I can do something about it but it's always easier said than done. To uplift this country? To make Filipinos better? To minimize corruption and improve this country? To abolish oligarchy? We need wise leaders with integrity who are focused on the best interest of the Filipino people. We need unbiased mass media. We need education and awareness on what's clearly happening in this country and do something about it. We need to pray for this country.